ACTION!!!!

1 John 3:18 tells us....Our love should no be just words and talk. It must be TRUE Love which shows itself.....in ACTION!




Friday, March 12, 2010

I am in the process of doing one of the hardest parts of my job here. Hearing the stories of new girls that come to live at House of Hope and then try to put it into words for a new sponsor. I can't even begin to understand the trama these girls live thru, let alone try to write it down for someone else to understand. I am quickly realizing as I hear these stories, every one of these girls are dealing with more heart ache than I could ever imagine.
Thank you Lord for allowing me to be a tiny tool that you can use to bring these girls to you and to complete healing!
Celeste is one of these girls....she is beautiful and she became quick friends with my neice Tegan, when Tegan came with her dad on a team from New Life Church. I will try to tell you her story. Celeste’s mom works with a group of prostitutes within the market. Celeste’s father at one point took custody of Celeste, for one reason and one reason only. To rape her and put her into prostitution. Wanting income from Celeste, he decided to put her into prostitution but before doing that, her dad raped her repeatedly.
Not being able to handle the sexual abuse anymore, Celeste ran away from his house and was missing for 2-3 months. While she was on the streets she was abused by many other men. At that point, she began charging money from the men.
Someone that knew about the situation called Oscar and he and his wife,Vilma went to talk to her. Celeste was very untrusting of them. But then she began thinking about her future and what it looked like. When asked “Why prostitution?” Her response was…”I thought my destiny in life was to be abused, so I decided to be like my mom and get money for it!”

Precious girl, your life is worth so much more! That life is not the destiny God wants for you!Maria Celeste is now living at House of Hope, in the dorm with lots of girls her age. Her first 2 weeks living here she cried all the time. She has made friends and is beginning to trust others. Celeste is in school and doing well. Please pray for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment